|Photo credit: Drew Altizer|
Fresh from Bridal Market (and a big San Francisco Giants Fan!), today’s five quick tips are from Lindsie Jones, owner of Haute Bride. Haute Bride is San Francisco’s only custom, couture accessory salon for both the bride and her bridesmaids. Founded in 2002 by jewelry designer Lindsie Jones, Haute Bride’s gorgeous designs can now be found in over 130 bridal salons nationwide.
Awarded the 2006 “New Accessories Talent Designer of the Year” award for the couture bridal market in New York City, Lindsie is definitely making her mark in the bridal accessory market!
Here are Lindsie’s Five Quick Tips:
1. When trying on wedding gowns, I recommend only bringing one or two companions. Too many opinions can take the focus away from how YOU really feel about your dress!
2. The most important vendor to me is a photographer. A great photographer can really turn your wedding photos into a work of art! I am blown away by some of the photographers in this industry. If I wasn’t a jewelry designer, I know what my career would be!
3. Don’t over-accessorize! If your gown has beading and embellishments, stick to a pair of chandelier earrings and a bracelet. Adding a necklace can be too busy!
4. Set up your bar where you want your guests to hang out! It never fails; everyone wants to be where the booze is!
5. Definitely hire a videographer! We love looking at our video! It’s hilarious, especially as the night goes on!
Thanks for the great advice, Lindsie!