Here are Julie’s Five Quick Tips:
1. Don’t chew gum! You’ll have a weird look in your photos and video.
2. Bring flip-flops. Those Louboutins will hurt after awhile. I see it happen every weekend!
3. Don’t have a ton of people give toasts or… gasp… have an open mic at your reception. A few toasts are great, but any more and your guests start to tune out and start to wonder when they get to eat cake.
4. See each other before the ceremony. Yes that’s breaking tradition, but it will calm your nerves AND you’ll get a great photo session out of it!
5. Scope out your location for awesome photo opps and don’t be shy about suggesting them to your photographer/cinematographer in an email before your wedding day.
And a few more questions for Julie…
What was your favorite thing about your wedding?
Having my gigantic family in from Denver & Seattle and Alex’s friends and family from England out for a fun week in Southern California.
If you could change one thing about your wedding, what would it be?
Oh many, many things, but all my mistakes could totally have been avoided if I had hired a great wedding planner. Definitely my #1 regret!
Thanks, Julie, for sharing those great tips! Be sure to also check out Elysium Productions’ blog.
If you would like to be featured in our Five Quick Tips column, please contact me at info AT amynichols DOT com.