What a special treat to have Mallory Samson, of Mallory Samson Photography, provide some insightful tips for our readers this week! With her savvy eye for not only capturing the classic moments of a wedding, Mallory also captures the spontaneous intimate moments that show the true spirit of the couple’s magical day. Mallory’s work is featured in two books: Outdoor Weddings: Unforgettable Celebrations in Storybook Settings, and Real Weddings: A Celebration of Personal Style. Her photos have been featured in magazines such as Vogue, Town & Country, Martha Stewart Wedding, In-Style Wedding and Brides. I’ve had the pleasure of working with Mallory at the Hahn Estate in Montecito and her photos from this wedding were featured in British Brides!
Here are Mallory Five Quick Tips:
1. At one point during the reception, walk away and observe everyone celebrating your marriage.
2. Plan the wedding with your guests’ experience in mind, not just your own.
3. Stay together. You can easily get pulled apart and not experience your wedding day together.
4. Make sure to hire a photographer you love. The photos become the memory.
5. Put a lot of thought into the guest list. It can be a great time to get in touch with long lost friends.
Mallory answers a couple questions about her own wedding…
What was your favorite thing about your own wedding?
If you could change one thing about your wedding, what would it be?
I would have been a guest!
If you would like to be featured in our Five Quick Tips column, please contact me at info AT amynichols DOT com.