|Photo credit: Joel Serrato Films|
We’re putting a new spin on this today’s Five Quick Tips, which are from Jose Villa, owner of Jose Villa Photography. Jose’s tips are geared towards wedding vendors, in order to help them work cohesively with not only the bride and groom, but with all the other vendors to create a truly magical day for the couple.
I’ve had the pleasure of working with Jose a few times. We did a wedding together at Holman Ranch which was featured on OnceWed. Jose and I also worked on a wedding at the gorgeous Hahn Estate in Montecito (near Santa Barbara) — one of my favorite venues! This wedding was featured in three different posts on StyleMePretty.com: post 1, post 2 and post 3 — thank you Jose for the amazing images!
Without further ado, here are Jose’s tips!
1. Be a good listener – not only with your clients, but all vendors.
2. Ask questions, Make sure you know who your client is and what they most like about your work.
3. Learn to work well with others like wedding planners and all other vendors. Remember, you’re all there for the same reason. Work as a team.
4. As a photographer, I suggest to other photographers to get a chance to do an engagement session, if you can. This is a great way to really get to know your clients.
5. Complete what you promised the client. Don’t be “one of those.” Follow up and be considerate and professional.
Jose is getting married in April and shares a few thoughts about his own wedding…
What is your favorite thing about your upcoming wedding?
One of my favorite things about my upcoming wedding is of course photography and cinematography, but also location! I’m in love with my location.
At this point everything is at our finger tips as we plan this amazing emotional event.. The material stuff is the easy part, now let’s let the emotions pour out — I’m ready.
Thanks, Jose, for your tips and best wishes for your big day!!
If you would like to be featured in our Five Quick Tips column, please contact me at info AT amynichols DOT com.