|Photo courtesy of Harmony Walton|
This week’s 5 Quick Tips are courtesy of Harmony Walton, owner of the Bridal Bar, an one-stop shop for Los Angeles, San Diego and Atlanta brides. I have always loved the concept of resource locations where brides can peruse several pre-selected vendors, making it even easier to plan their big day. In addition to the Bridal Bar, check out Harmony’s blog, Bridal Bar blog.
Here are Harmony’s 5 Quick Tips!
1. Hire professionals based on skill and compatibility, not simply price. A steal of a deal is usually too good to be true.
2. Avoid the yellow haze photography trend we see on blogs today. In two years when the trend has past or in twenty years when you show your kids, you will regret the dirty look of your images.
3. Be realistic about your budget. Don’t expect an explosion of flowers unless you’re willing to pay for the product. No matter your budget, your wedding can be incredibly beautiful, just pay attention to how you’re spending that money and don’t suffer quality because you’re trying to fit too much in for too little.
4. Plan and pad your day-of schedule with extra time. Activities often take longer than expected on the big day and you don’t want to feel rushed or hurried as you take in every wonderful moment.
5. Call The Bridal Bar of course! (How else can you be sure your event professionals will be handpicked for you, have exceptional service records, and will provide you with great value (and talent)!?!?!)
We asked Harmony a couple more questions…
What will you DEFINITELY do at your wedding when you get married?
Cut into a beautiful wedding cake! Maybe even personal wedding cakes for every guest (with lots and lots of chocolate inside).
What will you DEFINITELY NOT DO at your wedding?
Work! I wouldn’t walk down the aisle without an amazing event planner by my side to make sure everything is as dreamy as we would want (and stress-free too)!
Thank you for your wonderful tips, Harmony!
If you would like to be featured in our Five Quick Tips column, please contact me at info AT amynichols DOT com.