Jen Campbell is the founder of the wildly popular wedding blog Green Wedding Shoes, which draws its inspiration from Southern California weddings, but features weddings from elsewhere too! Jen also offers event design and styling for weddings, photo shoots, and social events. Here are Jen’s Five Quick Tips (I especially love #5 – she’s dead on!):
|Photo credit: Caroline Tran|
1. Do First Look photos with your photographer. You get to spend time alone with your almost husband/wife before the ceremony, you will get lots of great portraits (without missing cocktail hour!) and you don’t lose anything special when walking down the aisle — it was still the most exciting part of the day for me, but I was relaxed and excited, not nervous!
2. Hire vendors you can completely trust — you don’t want to have to worry about anything on your day.
3. Do what YOU and your fiance want to do. Try to ignore all your relatives who are questioning your ideas for a wedding — it’s your wedding, right? 🙂 Do want feels right for the two of you.
4. If a lot of people are coming from out of town, consider a more causal rehearsal dinner where you can invite everyone. The wedding day goes fast, so it’s great to have more time to spend with family and friends, especially if they traveled far to be there for your day.
5. Don’t worry if something you are doing is trendy right now and you see it on all the blogs — I’m guessing most of your guests don’t read wedding blogs or magazines, so those ideas are new to them. And if you love it, that’s all that matters!
Jen answers a couple questions about her wedding…
What was your favorite thing about your wedding?
Spending the weekend with all my closest friends and family
If you could change one thing about your wedding, what would it be?
The food — I would have had a wood oven brought in and had grilled pizzas with some yummy appetizers. Oh, and a photo booth – would have LOVED to have one of those.
Thank you, Jen for sharing those great tips!
If you would like to be featured in our Five Quick Tips feature, please email us at info at amynichols dot com.