Kristy Rice is the owner and artist behind Momental Designs, a company that offers handmade custom wedding invitations and coordinating accessories. I had the pleasure of meeting Kristy at Engage and her work blew me away. Read about how Kristy chose the name of her company here and be sure to check out more of her work on the Momental Blog!
Here are Kristy’s 5 Quick Tips:
1. Have your envelopes addressed by someone else. Envelope addressing is a huge task and worth every penny for professional services or at least pleading with a bridesmaid who has lovely writing!
2. Write personal vows. Start thinking about vows a few months before the wedding, give yourself time to let the words flow. Years later the vows you write each other will become a lasting memory of the promise you made that day.
3. Photograph details before the big day. If you have invites, programs or other special, sentimental pieces have them photographed ahead of time. These pieces are too easily missed on the wedding day.
4. Start gathering your guest addresses now. This will take longer than you think.
5. Create a substantial program. If you are going to have a program, go all the way. Your guests will appreciate the extra info and it will keep them engaged throughout the ceremony!
We have a couple more questions for Kristy…
What was your favorite thing about your wedding?
Spending quiet time together before the ceremony. It gave us time to collect our nerves and really reflect on what was about to happen. Made for some incredible photos too!
If you could change one thing about your wedding, what would it be?
I would have definitely hired a filmmaker.
Wonderful tips, Kristy! Thank you!
If you would like to be featured in our Five Quick Tips column, please contact me at info AT amynichols DOT com.