|Photo credit: Regeti’s Photography|
Today’s 5 Quick Wedding Planning Tips are from Claudia Lutman Events in Washington DC and Michigan. She is very passionate about wedding etiquette and encourages brides to remember their manners during stressful bridal planning moments. For more gracious bride tips, please visit her sister web site and blog, Strive to be Gracious.
Here are Claudia’s Five Quick Wedding Planning Tips for staying gracious during the wedding planning process:
1. COOPERATION is the cornerstone of planning your wedding. By being gracious you can enlist others to become a very productive support team. Always treat vendors, bridal party, family and friends with respect throughout the planning.
2. COMMUNICATION allows you to be open to new ideas. Allow others to voice their opinions, suggestions and concerns. Be considerate and always be grateful for their input. For example, comments like “That’s an interesting idea. Let me think about it,” are always a good way to take suggestions, even if the particular suggestion is something you may not be particularly fond of.
3. CONSIDERATION should be at the forefront of all your wedding related decisions. Realize that everyone around you has your best interest in mind. Be mindful of their input.
4. COMPRIMISE will become an immediate necessity following your engagement. While the wedding vision is yours, be attentive to the individual relationships with your family and friends. Consider their needs or requests. Granting a small compromise now could indeed furnish lifelong benefits.
5. COMPASSION is something to extend to everyone involved in planning your wedding. Don’t just hear, but listen to each request, and think of each as an effort to give something to you, not to take something from you. Being compassionate allows you to more easily find a way to properly alter a request if need be, or incorporate it into your wedding plan if you so desire.
Claudia shares with us the highs and lows of her own wedding….
What was your favorite thing about your wedding? That it was a true representation of David and I as a couple! From its unique late morning timeframe, to the fabulous cocktail hour, and amazing menu! We hosted an intimate yet very fun, party atmosphere with only our closest family and friends in attendance.
If you could change one thing about your wedding, what would it be? One thing, one thing………….the linens and DJ are a tie.
Thank you, Claudia, for your insightful tips!
If you would like to be featured in our Five Quick Tips feature, please email us at info at amynichols dot com.