Hi, I’m Kate, the new voice behind the inspiring Amy Nichols Special Events blog. I’m so happy to be here! I love working with Amy and her team, in addition to wedding planning at Koru Wedding Shoppe and blogging at Koru Wedding Style.
|Our Winter Wedding Day!
Photo: Timothy Glenn Photographers
Here are my Five Quick Wedding Planning Tips:
1. “Comparison is the thief of joy.” Theodore Roosevelt wasn’t talking about weddings but this rings very true for wedding planning! The gorgeous weddings on blogs and in magazines should be used for inspiration. But when you start comparing your wedding to others and feeling yours doesn’t measure up- STOP! Concentrate on creating a day of food, drinks and details that reflect you and your fiancé and make both of you happy. It’s about sharing your love story with others in way the perfectly expresses you as a couple!
2. Trust your vendors. Once you’ve chosen your talented vendors, clearly communicate what you expect from them during the wedding planning & at your wedding. Then step back and let them work their wedding magic!
3. Let go and ask for help. Most brides find themselves in this position: a million and one tasks on the wedding to-do list and time is dwindling. Let go of any tasks that are unnecessary and causing too much stress. Your guests will never notice missing details because they won’t know you’d ever planned on having them. For those tasks that truly matter, kindly ask your bridesmaids, friends and family for assistance. You’ll be surprised at how willing they are to help you. Always say “please” and “thank you” to those who lend an extra hand!
4. Don’t sweat the small stuff. As long as you walk down the aisle and marry your love, everything else is truly icing on the cake. Torrential rain, uncooperative flower girl, peach instead of coral- they don’t make a difference. No matter what happens, just keep smiling and celebrating!
5. Take a moment. Your beautiful wedding day passes in a flash and it’s easy for everything to be a happy, lovely blur. At some point, grab your new husband or wife and step back. Just breathe and bask in the glow of being freshly married surrounded by the love and joy of your family and friends. I promise that stolen moment will live in your heart and memory forever!
What was your favorite thing about your wedding?
My favorite thing about our wedding was marrying the love of my life surrounded by our family and friends. It was the most amazing experience! I look back on our wonderful wedding with nothing but pure joy and love in my heart.
If you could change one thing about your wedding, what would it be?
My first instinct is to say nothing because I love our wedding, imperfections and all. But if I’m perfectly honest, although I adored my matching bridesmaid dresses, I love the trend of mismatched bridesmaids wearing different dresses in different colors and patterns. It looks so fresh and unique. I wish I had gone that route!
Thank you so much for allowing me to share my wedding planning tips with you. I hope you & I will have lots of fun together here as I keep you posted on Amy’s latest events, features and finds!
If you would like to be featured in our Five Quick Tips column, please contact us at info AT amynichols DOT com!