Photo credit: Carla Ten Eyck
Beth Chapman is the Owner|Stylist of The White Dress by the Shore in Clinton, Connecticut. On Beth’s darling website you can view the collection and check out her helpful shopping tips. Also stop by The Blushing Blog for info on sales and in-store events.
Here are Beth’s Five Quick Tips:
1. When shopping for your gown, bring a few select people who understand and respect your personal style.
2. Hire people whose aesthetic you admire and trust them to do what they do best.
3. Be prepared to babysit your bridesmaids. Even though they are supposed to be your support system, generally they will drive you crazy! Put one person in charge to keep them in line!
4. Do your research to understand the timeline for selecting the key aspects for your wedding. You want to be sure that you have enough time to make educated decisions and that you are not rushed.
5. Enjoy the process! Remember that your wedding is a party to celebrate the beginning of the rest of your life with the one that you love! Don’t put so much weight on the little details!
We asked Beth a couple of questions about her own wedding…
What was your favorite thing about your wedding?
Everything! We had perfect weather and I loved being surrounded by my family and friends on such a special day.
If you could change one thing about your wedding, what would it be?
I had a vision for the centerpieces that I wanted and instead of paying our floral designer to create them the way that they should be done, we tried to cut corners and create them ourselves. They were not at all what I envisioned!
Thank you, Beth, for these great tips!
If you would like to be featured in our Five Quick Tips feature, please email us at info at amynichols dot com.